The LXR Group is expanding! Please check back regularly for new listings.
Associate or Senior Associate (Public Policy Firm)
Overview: Focused on capital markets, financial services, financial innovation, investor protection, and related areas, we are seeking a talented, motivated, established policy professional for mid-level Associate or Senior Associate position in the newly launched firm. The ideal candidate will be someone with solid knowledge of Congress and/or federal financial regulators. She/he will be an excellent writer with a strong understanding of the policy development process, including federal legislative processes, federal regulatory processes, and the role of external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be capable of independently working on projects and engaging with clients.
Minimum Requirements: The successful candidate will have a 4-year degree, and at least 3-years of substantive professional experience. A J.D., M.P.P., or other relevant advanced degree is helpful, but not required. The successful candidate will be adept at working with stakeholders and coalitions, have experience with the federal legislative and regulatory process, and have a talent for developing and maintaining relationships throughout the federal policymaking and advocacy community.
- Directly represent firm in meetings and other professional events, including with clients.
- Arrange and attend meetings with Congressional Staff and other policy stakeholders
- Summarize information in writing to clients and colleagues.
- Help develop and execute multi-pronged strategies to advance priorities of clients.
- Draft and/or edit Congressional letters, testimony, press releases, and other documents
- Assist in drafting content and/or identifying content for firm’s blog.
Benefits: This position allows for primarily remote work. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and at least two relevant writing samples to email@example.com. Please include “Associate or Senior Associate” in the header of your email. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Overview: A public policy consultancy focused on capital markets, financial innovation, investor protection, and related areas, seeks an outstanding Policy Assistant to support all aspects of the firm’s operations. This position is a highly competitive junior-level role, with significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement in the near and medium-term.
Position Requirements: The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with a recent bachelor’s degree and an interest in public policy and government. She/he will have strong communications and interpersonal skills, possess loyalty and integrity, and be an excellent writer. She/he will have at least two years of professional experience in a relevant area, be detail-oriented and versed in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, and related software. Talent with social media and information technology is a preferred, but not required.
- Provide general administrative and research support to firm’s Principal and other senior staff.
- Watch and summarize Congressional hearings and other official proceedings and briefings and produce coverage memos relevant to client priorities.
- Monitor legislation
- Schedule meetings with Congressional staff, government officials, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct basic research on legislative and regulatory policy proposals.
- Conduct technical review / proofing of correspondence and other written materials.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for clients.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
To apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and at least two relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Policy Assistant” in the header of your email. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.